Spring 2017 Orientation
PARENT ORIENTATION for WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11th & THURSDAY, JANUARY 12th is operating on a REGULAR SCHEDULE. Have a safe trip to Boone!
Welcome Parents of New Incoming Students!
Your student will take part in an orientation session, meet with an advisor to map out his or her academic program for spring semester and beyond. At the same time, you're invited to join your student on campus, meet faculty members and administrators, and attend separate sessions especially for parents and families covering topics from residence halls to academics to campus life.
Spring 2017 Orientation Date Options for Freshmen & Transfer Students
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- Thursday, January 12, 2017
After your student has registered for his/her Orientation session, you can register to attend an optional Parent Orientation program on the same day(s).
***Orientation fees are not refundable***
- To register for Parent Orientation, your student must register for Student Orientation FIRST and then Parents may register for the corresponding Parent Orientation session. Please note: It may take 1-2 hours after your student registers before you can register yourself.
- Cost: A $45.00 registration fee per parent/family member will be charged for the Parent and Family Orientation program.
- Additional guests are charged $40.00 per person.
- Each registration does include one meal (lunch) so you do not need to purchase an additional meal unless you have a guest joining you for the meal only and not ANY sessions.
- Planning for your Parent session (Schedules, what to bring, parking, etc.)
Student Orientation will help your student explore Appalachian's academic and social life and assist your child with their transition to our campus. Advisors will help them plan a program of study specific to their needs, skills and interests. In addition, students can meet with professors in their area of interest and, of course, other new students. All new students, freshmen and transfer students, are required to attend Orientation.
- Planning for your Freshman & Transfer Student session (what to bring, costs, etc.)
Parent & Family Orientation Schedule
Need help finding your Banner ID number? Your student should be able to provide it to you by logging into their MyApp Portal. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Office of Admissions at 828-262-2120.