Spring 2019 Orientation
Welcome Parents and Families of New Incoming Students!
Your student will take part in an orientation session, learn more about life at Appalachian, and meet with an advisor to map out his or her academic program for the fall semester and beyond. At the same time, you're invited to join your student on campus for a separate Parent Orientation program. You’ll have the opportunity to meet faculty members and administrators, explore Appalachian, and attend sessions covering topics from residence halls to academics to campus life.
When registering, your student must register for Student Orientation first and then parents are able to register for Parent Orientation. Your Parent Orientation registration will automatically populate with the same session dates as your student's Orientation session.
Spring 2019 Orientation Options for First-year Students, Early College Students, and Transfers
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Thursday, January 10, 2019
*Friday, January 11, 2019 will be a back up date for snow cancellations.
- The charge for parent orientation includes all orientation materials, parking, and one meal. You do not need to purchase an additional meal unless you have a guest that will be joining you for the meal only (and not any sessions). *Orientation fees are non-refundable*
1-Day Orientation Session fee:
- $45 for the first family member and $40 for the 2nd and each guest after.
- Included meal: Lunch
- For more information on what to expect during orientation, download our free mobile app, AppState Guides which has detailed schedules, interactive campus maps, and other helpful information
Student Orientation will help your student explore Appalachian's academic and social life and assist your child with their transition to our campus. Advisors will help them plan a program of study specific to their needs, skills and interests. In addition, students can meet with professors in their area of interest and, of course, other new students. All new students, freshmen and transfer students, are required to attend Orientation.
- Planning for your Student Orientation session (what to bring, costs, etc.)